Born in Hampshire and studied first with Leger at his Paris studio in 1951 and then at the Regent Street Polytechnic in London. Awarded painting fellowships by both the French and Italian Governments and studied with W.S. Hayter at Atelier 17. Lived in St Ives from 1956 to 1960. Exhibited in St. Ives, London and world-wide, and has works in many major public collections, including Tate Gallery, British Council and others.